It’s spring and young men’s and women’s fancy turns to thoughts of… driving their classic cars. Granted our fancy turns to thoughts of other things too, but right now I am talking classic cars.
Unlike all previous springs the joyous social nature associated with our classic car passion has been knee-capped by the Covid-19 pandemic. Conflicted by our unshakable determination to do the “right thing” and our passion for the open road, we yearn for a responsible solution. How about this?
Carnucopia offers a classic car driving event that combines helping people in need with food and necessary supplies while affording a gathering of friends an opportunity to enjoy a great drive on country roads. All while practicing proper social distancing.
Carnucopia is both a driving event and a fund raiser. Participation in the driving event requires a minimum donation of $25. Larger donations are welcomed. All moneys will go to the Triboro Food Pantry, a Park Ridge, NJ 501C3 non-profit organization. Click on the link to visit their website. They support families across Bergen County. Donations are tax deductible. Please make out all checks to Triboro Food Pantry.
In essence the plan calls for all participants to gather at 8:00 am on the morning of Sunday, May 24th at the Kohl’s parking lot on Route 17 North in Ramsey NJ.
The Drivin’ News 1953 Ford F100 pick-up truck will be positioned where all participants can stop to make their donation and get route directions. Volunteers will direct participants to alternating parking spots to allow for proper spacing. PEOPLE MUST STAY IN THEIR CARS.
The drive leader will depart at 8:30 sharp.
- Starting location: Kohl’s, 1300 Route 17 North, Ramsey, NJ 07446
- A donation of a minimum of $25 is required
- Arrive time: 8:00 am
- Depart Kohls: 8:30 sharp
- Distance: Approx 45 miles
- Duration: Approx. 1.5 hours
- Drive leader: Peter Desbets, 1986 Red Porsche 911
- Directions are provided so that even if you get separated you will know where you are.
- The drive will conclude at the light at the intersection of Seven Lakes Drive and Route 17 in Sloatsburg.
- Triboro Food Pantry 501C3 tax ID# 81-1480802
Covid-19 Rules of the road
- ALL PARTICIPANT MUST HAVE GLOVES AND MASKS WITH THEM
- SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES MUST BE OBEYED.
- EVERYONE MUST STAY IN THEIR CARS
- CARS WILL BE POSITIONED EVERY OTHER PARKING SPOT
- WE WILL ATTRACT ATTENTION, IT JUST SHOULD NOT BE FOR THE WRONG REASONS
A head count of intended participants is needed. If you plan on attending, please respond with your name and intention in the comments section. Without sufficient support the drive event will be cancelled. I need to hear from you by Friday afternoon. By supper time Friday I will send out an email that will state if the drive is on.
The weather looks good.
I’ll be there!
I am interested in this
Count me in.
I’ll be there!
We’ll be there.
I can’t make it, but is there a way i can still send a donation?
Sorry you can’t make it. You have my address on my email. Mail it to me and I will include it. Make it out to Triboro Food Pantry. It is a 501C3.
Count me in…